Connect with Our Guest
Chella Diaz is a life coach and the owner of Transcend Abundance, she believes there is a very strong link between money and spirituality. Having written many books about the topic, Chella mentors women and teaches them how to live a prosperous life.
[1:55] What are some of the biggest money mistakes you’ve made?
- Having someone invest her money for her without asking the tough questions
- Always do your due diligence
[3:19] How do you believe spiritually and finances mix?
- There are two sets of rules, if you are spiritual then you won’t have abundance, and if you are rich you won’t be spiritual
- It’s about changing the way you view both of them
- Always try to get yourself in a strong position before helping others
[6:17] How much of money management do you believe is linked to your mental well being?
- If you remember the first money conversation you can remember, that is probably related to your current beliefs about money
- As an example if the first conversation you hear is about someone not being able to afford something you will either become a big spender and live paycheck to paycheck or end up spending every single penny
- Try to remember the first conversation you had and learning the lesson of what you should be doing and figure out where you are.
[12:39] What would you tell a younger version of yourself about money management?
- When you are younger you want material things
- Is what you’re going to school for going to give you the money that you need to achieve your dreams
- Find ways to further yourself, maybe volunteer yourself
- Find someone and pick their brain
- If you’d love a free way to listen to book check out audible to get a free audiobook
Value Link Round
[16:59] What is your savings or retirement plan?
- Strong believer in real estate but also not putting all your eggs in one basket
- Having additional sources of income is super important- Chella is trying to setup something passive
[17:46] Do you have a favorite book?
- Wasn’t always a reader- start listening to books
- Book: The road less traveled
- Book: Think and grow rich
[19:41] Favorite quote you like to live by?
- Treat others the way that you want to be treated and have compassion
[20:15] Any other parting piece of guidance?
- Your money journey begins today
- Know where you are and where you want to get to.